Monday, July 13, 2009

July the 13th

Today is July the 13th - 13/7. A special day! When the day dawned on me, I had no idea - how powerful this day is, and the impact it can have on me. But then, just as I was lost in my Monday blues - killing time and swatting flies ; a bolt of lightning - read enlightenment, struck me.

The date read 13/7 - One of the numbers is an unlucky number - A number which evokes fear,despair and a sense of failure or misfortune lurking around the corner.
There have been many movies or phrases depicting this number - House No.13, Friday the 13th, 13B.

And on the other hand is 7 - A number that symbolizes luck. Every Gambling den or a school fete would have a 'Lucky 7' game zone. There are seven wonders of the world, seven musical notes, seven days of the week, A number every young footballer would dream of - after Cristiano Ronaldo. God, the Bible says, created the Universe in 7 days.

What happens when these 2 days combine into one. Like the 2 sides of the coin were now on the same side or like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. It probably signifies that good luck and bad luck just cancels each other out - Leaving no luck behind.

What does that mean? I guess, it means that whatever we do, Luck - good or bad - would not influence the actions. We are completely responsible for our actions and the failure or success of the action lies completely in the way we execute or approach it.

Sounds great isn't it? I wish every day was July the 13th - Then we'd do our jobs with complete committment without thinking about the external forces.

Chuck the luck!

2 comments:

audi said...

wow...what an amazin perspective...I neva looked at the day in such a way :) good post!!! grt to ve u bck :) keep it goin

Shamika Joshi said...

Yeah..v gud thoughts & well written...u know wat...i joined my new company 2wire on this day :D