Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another soccer post from me today.
Its been fascinating to watch the soccer world cup unfold. Big teams unfurling their skill on smaller hapless teams.
Some smaller teams fighting it out till their last breath not giving up at all.And some biggies showing some carelessness, some arrogance and being thrown out of the ultimate prize in soccer history.
It must certainly be a super feeling to be a part of the crowd at Germany, a feeling no less than stepping on the moon for me! , But i must say its only a slightly lesser feeling in being a part of the tournament as a TV viewer, one of 3 billion enthusiasts
The national anthem is one proud moment for any player. Any patriot will rise to the ocassion that the stage demands - living up to the expectation of the entire country may be a huge task - but just being a part of the chosen few to represent the country and to make them proud is an incredible feeling.
If you ask me, the team of my choice - I have this to say
"Heart says england and Head says Brazil"
Brazil so far have played some delightful Sambatronics in patches and have looked just good enough to win their matches. - (At the time of writing this post Brazil have reached the quarter finals).But then this is the scary part isnt it? Without breaking a sweat , they have defeated the opposition and its the fact that they can play better - much better is what worries me! Will a semifinal showdown between Brazil and England (its possible, the way the draw is shaping up) Will it be a teary day again for me? After all, I cannot forget that fateful quarter-final where Ronaldinho killed David Seaman and England with a blistering kick and of course - killed my hopes too -
But I hope this edition is different. after all a team has to have an off day isnt it? an off-tournament and i shall pray and hope that this tournament is not Brazil's but ENGLAND'S.

1 comment:

PJ said...

I really pray that this time Beckham's team kicks the Brazilians out of the tournament.