Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just a thought on a great debate that is brewing."Who is a better guitarist- Mark Knofler or Eric Clapton"
I read about this somewhere and could not help but add my views. It is a difficult choice surely.Its like asking me if u d like a sapphire or an emerald - or whether you like your father or your mother.:)Very bad analogies - but anyways Here s what i feel-
If Mark Knofler and Eric Clapton run a 100 metre dash, it will be a photo finish with Mark edging out Eric by 1 millionth of a second. Well there you have it! Knofler is better than Clapton but only just. - for me that is -
But both of them have enchanted me with some captivating strumming. Their guitaring i guess cannot be compared. They have different styles. Clapton plucks more and Marky uses his thumb more - i may be wrong - but thats how I see them at work.Clapton sings better, but Knofler was never a singer who strums, he s a guitarist who also sings - or for that matter - speaks his songs. but I love his songs too. 'Romeo and Juliet' is my all time Knofler favourite.And Clapton who by the way is also known as Slowhand since he normally breaks the guitar strings as he performs.and then replaces the strings as the crowd clap their hands slowly...
I d like to clap for him too, for all of his songs, especially for my favourite clapton song - 'Tears in Heaven'
They both rock for me!

1 comment:

Neer said...

Mark Knofler, hand down!! :)