Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today im going to dabble a bit into poetry - unchartered territory for me. Except for some silly schoolboy poem which found its way to a children newspaper once.

Probably the sorry events of today are best described musically.

So here goes - And please forgive my poetic skills - There 's always a second time.

What a wonderful morning,
An Early start for me,
Unusual others would say
Yeah, getting up early!! No way..

So there I was singing U2- its a Beautiful day
No rain for now, I thought
Dad said, lets go by car
Hey no! I have a class today, what about the guitar?

So Mister Determined guitar guy
Says - i ll take the Bike dad,
And anyways the weather is clear.
Or so i thought.. Oh dear!!!

Out on the bike, with the wind in my face
And then suddenly ----- WATER too!
A smile appeared on my lips
No time for Nature games this.

But it was :) . It sure was.
I could see the clouds smirking with anticipation
Oh they would,
The Rain God's hand was on them firm.

The next part of the story
was WET WET WET...
The rain party was on.
Just that I didnt know the tune for the song.


I reached work - all dripping.
Wondering if I could get wetter.
and then I also had the AC to contend with
Staying at home - Wasnt that better?


That was the poem - I call the RainGod Song

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poem:-)

PJ said...

Nice work Nik. So the rhyme scheme is a-b-c-c........ :)